CBSE CLASS 11 Entrepreneurship SYLLABUS 2015-16 CBSE
CBSE Class 11 Enterpreneurship Syllabus of 2015-16 SA1-SA2
This includes both Term 1 and Term 2 Entrepreneurship syllabus for Class 11.
|1||Entrepreneurship, What, Why and How|
|4||Entrepreneurship as Innovation and Problem Solving|
|5||Understanding the Market||15|
Unit 1: Entrepreneurship: What, Why and How
- Entrepreneurship- Concept, Functions, Need and Importance.
- Myths about Entrepreneurship
- Pros and Cons of Entrepreneurship
- Process of Entrepreneurship.
Unit 2: An Entrepreneur
- Types of Entrepreneurs
- Competencies and Characteristics; Ethical Entrepreneurship.
- Entrepreneurial Value: Values, Attitudes and Motivation.
- Mindset of an Employee and an Entrepreneur- Difference
- Intrapreneur: Importance in Any Organization.
Unit 3: Entrepreneurship Journey
- Self Assessment of Qualities, Skills, Resources and Dreams.
- Generation of Ideas.
- Feasibility Study
- Opportunity Assessment
- Business Plan Preparation
- Execution of Business Plan
- Role of Society and Family in the growth of an entrepreneur.
- Challenges faced by women in Entrepreneurship.
Unit 4: Entrepreneurship as Innovation and Problem Solving
- Entrepreneurs- as problem solvers.
- Innovations and Entrepreneurial Ventures.
- Social Entrepreneurship-Concept and Importance
- Risk taking-Concept; types of business risks.
- The role of technology/ social media in creating new forms of firms, organizations, networks and cooperative clusters.
- Barriers to Entrepreneurship.
- Support structure for promoting entrepreneurship (various goverment schemes).
Unit 5: Understanding the Market
- Market- Traditional and E-commerce- Concept and Role
- Types of Business: Manufacturing, Trading and Services.
- Market Forces: Sellers, consumers and competitors.
- Expanding Markets: Local to global, Strategies needed.
- Marketing Mix: Concept and Elements.
- Pricing and Factors affecting pricing.
- Market Survey: Concept, Importance and Process.
Unit 6: Business Arithmetic
- Simplified Cash Register and Record Keeping
- Unit of Sale, Unit Price and Unit Cost – for single product or service
- Types of Costs – Start up, Variable and Fixed
- Income Statement
- Cashflow Projections
- Break Even Analysis – for single product or service
Unit 7: Resource Mobilization
- Types of Resources – Human, Capital and other Resources
- Selection and utilization of human resources and professionals like Accountants, Lawyers, Auditors, Board Members, etc.
- Role and Importance of a Mentor
- Estimating Financial Resources required.
- Methods of meeting the financial requirements.
- Size and capital based classification of business enterprises.
- Various sources of Information